Friday, April 2, 2010

SitCom vs. Webisodes

So, I thought I was writing a sitcom. I thought it would be fun. I'm seriously in love with How I Met Your Mother right now and have watched a lot of it. 25 minutes. I can do that, right? Well, let's just face it when I say that, when it comes to scripts, I have NO experience. I think I could build a decent comic book script, because it's between visual and novelistic, but I don't know about stage, screen, small screen, or even mini-screen. I've never written scripts and the last two years in a row I have completely futzed out on them and lost steam less than a week into screnzy. How do I do this?!

I have a head start. I'm 10.5 pages into my first episode of this sitcom and already considering maybe going back and altering it a little bit into webisodes. Then they only need to be 5-10 pages long for any one webisode and I think it would be a format I could handle more easily. Season 2 of The Guild was about 79 minutes in length for the whole season. I have enough material, I think, to put together a handful of linked webisodes for In The Big Ring.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: