Saturday, October 10, 2009

Introducing John

Hello everyone, I am John and I'm a NaNoWriMo addict. I'm treating my condition with caffeine and peanut M&Ms.


This will be my third year sacrificing 50,000 words. I managed to pants my way through two years of NaNo and completing the requisite word count on the final day both times. Then I promptly stopped. Well, to be fair I did finish that particular paragraph, so one year I might have even clocked in around 50,043 words.


I do think that everyone should try completely pantsing a novel at least once in their lives. This year I'm going to try something different, though. Every year I try to pick one thing to really work on during NaNoWriMo that will improve my writing. This year I want to try some outlining beforehand, so I have decided to give the snowflake method a try.


I'll be writing a fantasy novel this year, unless I change my mind on November 1st.


If anyone is looking to add writer buddies to their NaNoWriMo account, please feel free to add me! My nano name is jpstarr.


-JPS

1 comment:

  1. I didn't used to do a lot of pre-planning, but the last two years I worked pretty seriously from outlines. Actually, this year I am again, too. Finished the base description of each chapter so far and now just need to expand those into bullet-pointed lines so I know how the chapters are going to progress. Of course, I'm also aiming for 3k/day minimum up to a 90-110k novel this month and I don't think I can do that without some serious outline-y goodness.

    ReplyDelete