Saturday, October 31, 2009

NaNo Eve

Ahh, the day when all novellers are nestled up tight at their computers, eagerly counting down the seconds to the beginning of the frenzy. The first days are the easiest in some respects. The ideas are still fresh, the words flow like Niagara Falls, and it seems you could finish your novel that same week.

Then the wall comes. The ideas come with more difficulty, the words dry up, and excuses abound. Like, say, checking the forums 8 times a day. You just need to keep at it, get some words written, and I assure you it will get better. Trust me. This has happened to me many times. Sometimes it led to me not getting my full word count. Last year, my second win, it almost seemed a few times like I wouldn't make it. But I kept at it, wrote at least a little each day, and then sometimes inspiration struck and I was able to catch up on my wordcount. You can to!

So, NaNoers, get ready. We start tomorrow. Or tonight, at midnight. After the Halloween parties are over, after all the kiddies have come and gone, grab a drink and sit in that chair. Warm up your typing fingers and get set. Then at midnight, go!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait. I feel like I am less prepared than I have ever been but hey, this is Nanowrimo! I have three wins and hope to make this year my fourth!

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete