Sunday, October 18, 2009

non-writing preparation

But then, doesn't everything we do relate to our writing?

True.

What I mean is non-writing tasks to prepare for the writing.

In November, you mean.

Yes. {sigh} In November. The Big Month. The Month of Writing Dangerously.

Oh. So?

The non-writing tasks to-do list:

  1. - sleep, since I will be getting less of it in November.
  2. - buy some instant coffee to stash in the car, my backpack, by laptop bag, my purse (okay, okay - I'll try the Via, a jar of Caffe d'Oro won't fit in my purse) - for those times when I don't have time to make it or buy it, or maybe not enough money to buy it (I'm working less in November to give me time to write)
  3. - buy extra underwear and do all laundry on October 30th to minimize laundering needs
  4. - schedule a sleep-in for December 1st
  5. - buy snacks, nuts, quick meals, and electrolyte tablets and a lot of popcorn; okay, and some peanut M&Ms and/or Snickers
  6. - food prep: hard boil some eggs on October 31 and cook up a bunch of rice; slice some veges; make sure have soup and crackers, cereal, soy milk, coffee and coffee
  7. - make sure ibuprofen is stocked
  8. - make "writing, do not disturb" signs
  9. - send an email announcement that I will become unresponsive to emails, phone calls, letters, and so on for a month
  10. - get extra exercise since it will be tough to keep logging the miles while I'm logging the words (unless I can figure out how to work even less)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment