Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Simms' Introduction

NaNo Screenname: Simms
Genre - Sci Fi [maybe Fantasy]
Location: Beaverton
Goals: 50k & a real ending

Hi, my name is Doug [aka Simms] and this will be my 4th year attempting NaNo. Year 1 & 2 were plagued by running out of story and the flu respectively. Year 3 was a success in a rather unorganized fashion for 3 interconnected stories that morphed into a 10k introduction, 30k of story, and 10k epilogue.

I've lived in the NW for the past 30-odd years except for a 3 year stint in college. By day I'm an accountant [I get to spend other people's money] & the rest of the time I'm writing or gaming with the occasional forays into cooking. My reading of late has been sparse, mostly zombie books [World War Z / Pride & Prejudice & Zombies] plus a reread of Good Omens. And the next sales person that recommends Twilight is going to get hurt...

This year looks to be a stab at a dimensional travel/war/apocalypse story. It's suppose to be Sci Fi, but there's a chance it might turn into a Sword & Sorcery story. Everything's in flux until Nov 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment