Saturday, November 7, 2009

Battles

Words Today: 5,052
Word Count Total: 20,857

Action for all the MCs today - lots of words.

Unfortunately, I had an altercation with Scrivener, the application I am writing with (and indeed have done for the last five years). It supports script-writing mode, which is I am sure a fine and lovely thing, but not something you want to turn on accidentally 20,000 words into your novel.

Figured out how to turn it off again just now, but it took time fighting with it and rather broke my rhythm. So I probably managed about half of what I should have done in the last hour.

But... very happy to have broken through 20k!

Update - wittered a bit more to at least have written 5,000 words today. Very confused words, though. Not likely to survive any kind of meaningful edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment