Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Illness and Revision

SICK! Like everyone else it seems, I've fallen ill. I had an almost-week-long cold that's just been kicking me in the butt. Headaches, sore throat, congested, everything you don't want during this daring November. I was supposed to hit 100k! This was going to be my year. I was going to be a bull in the china closet of NaNoWriMo, breaking everything in my path and rushing as fast as possible toward the one thing I wanted: 100,000 words. Not 50k. Not 75k. 100k!

Dreams disappear so quickly. Now, I'm going to be lucky to hit 70k or, if I work very hard, 75k. I have to move this week. Need to be out the end of the month and all of my stuff moved this week. Tonight is the big night to get as much moved and out as I can. Tiring. Even more exhausting given that I'm still not completely over this cold.

Push on! I finally hit that 60k mark the other night and I was ever so proud of that. Just keep pushing on. I. Will. Make. It. At least 70k. 75 if I'm a little lucky and very inspired...

No comments:

Post a Comment