Friday, November 13, 2009

Nano Souvenirs

If I haven't mentioned it before, this is my 6th year doing Nanowrimo.

Over the years, I've collected various objects that either inspired or aided me in my quest for 50,000 words.

The most memorable items include:

Bicentennial quarter - the inspiration for last year's novel "Tricentennial"

Coffee cup - arrived in my nanowrimo care package last year

pair of postcards (see above)

squishy six sided die - purchased for the 2007 Nano "A roll of the dice"

light blue frosted polyhedral dice - picked up at a convention years ago, used for 2007's nano as a decision making tool.

pair of 1 1/4" ninja figures - picked up in Vegas last week during the recent convention. These are my 'plot ninjas', helping me boost my word count.

pair of rubber 'bouncy balls' - Given to me by an ML (that has since moved away) during a 2006 write in. I chose them because my MC 'had balls' (figuratively and literally)

2005 and 2006, I don't really have much that I collected for the purpose of Nano. What have you collected?

2 comments:

  1. a pink hand crocheted plot bunny from a wonderful ML

    a yellow rubber cheerleader duck with my initial on its jersey in 2008

    a collage made by my this world writing buddy jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my sixth year too. Hurray!

    I have a T shirt for each of the years.

    I also have print outs of every manuscript. The most treasured is the 2006 one that I got many of that year's participants to sign at the TGIO party.

    I made a crown from card for that year too. I wish I had kept it.

    ReplyDelete