Sunday, November 1, 2009

Way too early start

I wanted to make my first post here at a more normal hour, but I woke at 4AM, with a slight headache and stuffy nose. So I decided to get up and start my Nanowrimo novel now. I've been writing about 20 minutes and things are moving along. Let's see.. current word count is 328. I have to work 10 hours today, so I need to get back to sleep soon. I will be able to work on my novel 'The Only Promise That Remains" at work, at least a little bit.

This year I'm writing using several different tools. At home on my Linux computer, I write in OpenOffice Writer. Before going to work, I'll copy what I have into a Google doc, which will allow me to work on it at work. If I'm out, or just want to write somewhere else other than my desk, I have my Alphasmart Neo. Whatever I write there I can just transfer into the OpenOffice document. I will also be using the Neo in about a week, when my partner and I go to the lovely Oregon coast for a few days. No Internet, but I can still work on my novel.

If you want a bit more information about me, I'm sigma957 on the Nano website. Good luck to everyone this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment