Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Big Push: The Results

Okay, I managed to write ___ words tonight.

Thoughts:
  1. I actually kind of like what I write when I do sprints. New things grow out of the need for wordcount and surprise me. I love it! Characters show up early or turn out to be random people I'd written but not named yet.
  2. Taking a day off, while I don't suggest it too often because it often can lead to quitting NaNo, does have its place if you can afford the time and know that you'll come back to that novel.
  3. Showers are great when you're starting to feel burnt out from a long night of writing.
  4. Writing in the dark is tough. Finishing the last two minutes of a word war in the dark is even harder! Be careful of those circuit breakers, dear WriMo's!
  5. If you're the competitive type, Word Wars are absolutely the way to go! Such a kick in the pants!


No comments:

Post a Comment