Sunday, November 1, 2009

Nugget, the traveling Bunny

Nugget (my little knitted bunny) and I began our day in the writing room, previously the music room. One of my main characters instantly changed his name. He also changed his career. Good grief! What's the point of pre-planning if characters are going to go off and get a life of their own right from the start?
We got about 1,000 words in and headed over to the Cellar Door coffee shop in SE Portland. We stayed there awhile, until about 3,100 words, and decided we needed a break. Nugget kept pushing the coffee on me, so I'm all hopped up on caffeine and getting ready to push through another 1K for the day, I hope.
Is it sad that I'm already feeling the pressure of November 30?

2 comments:

  1. I like Nugget. We'll have to get friendly sometime soon. You coming to my write-in at SE Grind tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry, I missed the comment. I didn't make it to the Wednesday write-in. I had signed up for a meal-providing group for homeless men at the Clark Center. so I barely had time to get home and write a few paragraphs. I'll plan to go next week.
    Nugget has a purple tail - that's how you'll know it's us.
    I was also at the Meet & Greet at Lucky Lab - first timer in North Portland....that's me :)

    ReplyDelete