Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Discovered

Words Today: 1,968
Word Count Total: 62,124

MC #1 being rumbled, and having to do desperate things to deal with it.

This was a continuation of the chapter I was working on yesterday, so I now have a single 4,000 word chapter, which is rather surprising. It's not the only 4,000 word chapter to be sure, but I confess that it is not one I would have expected to grow to that size. But there was more to write - I truncated a sword fight rather crudely, for a start.

Three chapters left, still looking at about 70k total I should say, although I am not sure that I will get all the time I need to write another 8k over this next weekend. I was supposed to be travelling on Sunday night which would have given me a good solid few hours in the airport and on the plane to work on this, but that has been put back a week (and which also stomps on any hopes of going to the TGIO party, much to my distress).

Still, I should have some time on Saturday which will get me most of the way there. If I have to keep writing a couple of days into December to finish satisfactorily, then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment