Sunday, November 8, 2009

Flash Mob Fail

I was totally going to do a flash mob post today in the regional forum. Seriously. I wasn't sure where I would end up though, so I decided to wait until I got settled in a coffee shop on Belmont before announcing to the NaNo-world that I was out writing and wanted company. Good thing I waited. The whole neighborhood had the same idea apparently, and Sound Grounds, Stumptown and Opposable Thumb were all packed to the gills. I looked around for bunnies and NaNoWriMo stickers and t-shirts. Nada. Who are all these people with laptops if they aren't wrimos? And more importantly, why are they taking up all the comfy seats and outlets when I have some serious writing to do!? Boo on them. Instead I replenished my supply of 500 Mile Chai and half and half and threw in some Cougar Mountain chocolate chunk cookie dough for good measure and went home to write. So there. :P

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel too bad. That happened to me last year, and the area was creeping me out, so I packed up, drove home and finished writing there.

    ReplyDelete