Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No! Not life! Not now!

I really like looking at the nano stats page in the my nanowrimo section of the website. I got off to a really good start, thanks to the midnight kick-off party and I was able to stay just above the daily goal mark my entire first week. Then week twoness started happening. I had read about it in the faqs and forums. You start writing as though you are trudging through sludge. You get bored. You get self-critical. You don't want to write any more [stamps foot dramatically]! But I had my sweetie for some in-house friendly competition, and when he surpassed my word count for the first time this month I felt a little depressed and then a little glimmer of competitiveness. I dug in, I slogged through and I was not able to catch up.
Then yesterday my grandmother went into the hospital, way back in Tennessee, and my scant hour of designated writing time got filled with phone calls and text messages and online flower purchases. Now I'm more than a whole day behind.
Thankfully I have today off work. I've written about 1,000 words already this morning. After I shower and do my 50 sit-ups and have lunch I'll write 1,000 more. Then I'll go to the write-in at SE Grind this evening. And you know what the best part is (besides the fact that gramma's ok and will be going home in a couple days)? I actually like what I'm writing again. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment